But then...oh, THEN...
We have the Cavs.
We have the Indians.
We have the Browns.
Ugh. We've been depressed since 1964. No wonder we're all fat.
To make matters worse, this weekend is the Super Bowl. And the Ravens are representing the AFC for the second time in a dozen years. Goddammit.
I figure the only way to see the Brownies on Super Bowl Sunday is to bake some. If you're like me, though, baking an entire pan of brownies is a dangerous, tempting, delicious proposition. I also don't want to wait around for an hour while they bake. What's a chubby girl to do? The answer, my friends, is MUG BROWNIES!
In less than 5 minutes, you, too, can be enjoying ooey-gooey fudgy brownies. If you need pictures, I'll post some later...chances are pretty good I'll be making one this evening.
What You Need
- A mug. No mixing bowls necessary.
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter (I suppose you could use margarine, but why? Butter is BUTTER.)
- 2 Tbsp. milk (If you don't like/can't have milk, use water.)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (Or your favorite extract...almond or mint are also yummy!)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (NOT instant...the real stuff, folks.)
- 4 Tbsp. sugar (Splenda is an option, but it changes the consistency, and really, you're eating a brownie already...just use sugar.)
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (I don't recommend wheat flour. I used it once in a pinch...never again.)
Optional Options for Tarting Up Your Brownie
Mix in a dollop of peanut butter or Nutella.
Add a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
Dollop is a ridiculous word.
What You Do
- Melt the butter. Just nuke it on 50% power for about a minute.
- Add in the milk and the vanilla extract. Whisk it together. I have a tiny whisk, but a fork would work just as well.
- Add in the cocoa powder. Whisk it together.
- Add in the sugar. Whisk it together.
- Add in the flour. Whisk it together.
- Nuke that bad boy on high for about 1 minute. If you like more of a cake consistency to your brownies, bump that up to 90 seconds. When I make them for Mr. K & me, his sits for the minute mine is in the microwave, and it thickens up.
- Enjoy! It's like a hug in a cup.
- Mrs. K